Thursday, July 26, 2007

Renaissance

I finally got Renaissance from Blockbuster Online (BBO) on Tuesday (I love getting new movies the day they're released, don't you?!). I've had it in the "Not Yet Available" section of my queue for a couple months now, so I've been anticipating it ever since I saw a trailer for it on a random DVD. It looked like a B&W, film noir version of A Scanner Darkly, which has similar animation techniques. But this was something completely different.

Renaissance is a unique blend of classic and contemporary film-making, and crosses multiple genres. It's been compared to Blade Runner, which is quite accurate, as well as impressive, considering that Blade Runner is one of the most popular sci-fi films of all time. Their styles are nearly identical. All the character archetypes are there: from the hardened lawman to the femme fatale. I'm going to pick this one up on DVD tomorrow!

3 comments:

Jason said...

I am probably gonna have to check that flick out. See ya later! -Jason

Thomas said...

Hey, man! Yeah, it's a cool flick. Lemme know if you wanna see it! See ya Saturday.

Thomas said...

Oh, and sry if you had to register to post. Guess that's a default setting. I disabled it now, though. D'oh I R blog n00b.